Through our activities, we want the UK to be a place where:
- All donors are well supported and get the information they need
- The need for donation and the valuable contribution of donors is more widely acknowledged, leading to a climate of openness and acceptance.
We are here to:
- Provide independent information to prospective donors, intended parents and surrogates, and encourage use of UK clinic donors
- Work with the media to inform reporting on donation issues and raise awareness of the need for donors
- Help inform best practice in clinics and donor banks
- Liaise with government, the HFEA and clinics to promote best practice informed by our contact with donors.
Our Strategic Priorities
- Being the UK’s go-to source of information on donation by maintaining an impartial, accessible and informative website and social media presence.
- Raising the profile of donation using our website, social media, events and partnerships
- Highlighting the impact on donor conceived children of using anonymous donors
- Building an understanding of donor needs and expectations to inform best practice in donor recruitment.
Working in Partnership
- Working with academic researchers and others to continuously improve the quality and relevance of our services.
Our information and advice is:
- Free to the public
- Supported by evidence
- Led by experts and informed by donors.
The Sperm, Egg and Embryo Donation Trust is a registered charity (number 1163980) run entirely by volunteer trustees. We do not currently receive funding from any source.
Our trustees are:
- Charles Lister (Chair)
- Joanne Adams: Senior Andrologist, Manchester Fertility
- Meenakshi Choudhary: Consultant (Reproductive Medicine), Newcastle Fertility Centre at Life
- Nina Barnsley: Director – Donor Conception Network
- Gavin Evans: Executive Director, Global Blood Fund
- Yadava Jeve: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist at Birmingham Women’s Hospital
- Sarah Jones: Chair – Surrogacy UK
- John Kilby: Accountant. Former sperm donor
- Anupa Roper: Egg donor