Sperm donors must:
- be aged between 18 and 41
- be willing to be screened for medical conditions
- have no known serious medical disability or family history of hereditary disorders
- know (or be able to find out) their immediate family medical history:
- agree to be registered with the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) as a donor
- not put themselves at risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- not knowingly leave out any relevant information which could affect the health of any children born as a result of their donation.